Steven Breines, D.C.
Dr. Breines is a life long New Yorker. He has lived in Queens, Long Island and Brooklyn before settling in Staten Island with his wife Renee'. After graduating high school he attended the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs and was a member of the Intercollegiate Mens Gymnastics Team. Upon Graduation from the Academy he received his commission as an officer in the United States Air Force and was assigned to pilot training at Williams Air Force Base, Arizona. Upon leaving the Air Force he attended and graduated from the Los Angeles College of Chiropractic with honors, earning a Doctor of Chiropractic Degree. While a chiropractic student he worked part-time as a gymnastics coach where one of his students competed as a member of the U.S. Olympic team. After graduation he returned to New York to pursue a career in chiropractic and raise his family. He has held numerous leadership positions in the chiropractic community including Past and Present President of the New York State Chiropractic Association on Staten Island. He also has served as a Delegate and Director of the State Association, acting as a member of the State Chiropractic Board representing all the chiropractors in New York. His interest in teaching continued first as an Adjunct Professor of Biology at St. John's University then as the Principal Professor of Anatomy and Physiology at the Bayley Seton Hopsital Physicians Assistant Program for more than 10 years. He has obtained numerous advanced certifications including Manipulation Under Anesthesia and earned a Diplomate in Pain Management. Those certifications helped him become one of the first Chiropractors in New York to be given hospital priveleges. He has received numerous awards for his service to the profession and the community and still enjoys serving those in need.
- U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado.
Bachelor of Science, 1979.
- Los Angeles College of Chiropractic.
Doctor of Chiropractic, 1985.
- Private Practice, 1987-present.
- President, N.Y. State Chiropractic Association, District 5.
- Professor of Anatomy and Physiology, Bayley Seton Hospital Physician Assistant Program, 1992-2004.
- Adjunct Professor of Biology, St. John's University, 1991-1992.
Licenses & Certifications
- Diplomate, American Academy of Pain Management.
- Certified, Manipulation Under Anesthesia.
Memberships & Associations
- American Chiropractic Association
- New York State Chiropractic Association
- National Academy of MUA Physicians.
- American Academy of Pain Management.
- Intercollegiate Men's Gymnastics Team, U.S. Air Force Academy
- Elite Level Gymnastic Coach
- Air Force Officer, completed T-37 Jet Pilot Training